Frequently Asked Questions
These are the answers to our most frequently asked questions. Please click on a question to view its answer.
If you have any further questsion, please send us a message, or call us at 888-696-3346.
How much does MedFlash Cost?
Your MedFlash membership has an annual renewal fee of $24.95 with multi-year discounts available.
What does the MedFlash Membership include?
- Unlimited use of the MedFlash Portal during the term of your membership,
- Unlimited document storage on the MedFlash Portal,
- Unlimited use of the 24/7 MedFlash Emergency Call Center,
- Unlimited use of the 24/7 Nurse Advice Hotline,
- Unlimited MedFlash updates and technical support, and
- Access to additional healthcare products & services designed for improving health and lifestyle for MedFlash members and their families.
What is the size of the MedFlash unit?
Can it be worn on a chain?
Is Internet access required to use MedFlash?
My spouse and I share email. Can we use the same email address to register?
When I insert it into the USB port, what will I see?
- Insert the MedFlash device into an available USB port.
- Verify that you are connected to the Internet.
Depending on your system configuration, follow the steps below:
- If a dialog appears with "Run MedFlash Software" highlighted, click OK and the program will load or,
- If a window appears displaying "Devices with Removable Storage", doubleclick on the MedFlash PHR Device icon, and then doubleclick on the MedFlash icon and the program will load or,
- If nothing appears, doubleclick on My Computer and follow the "Devices with Removable Storage" step above.
- If there are updates to MedFlash you a screen will appear asking you to install. Click Install.
- You may get a message to install a program from Microsoft named .NET 2.0. Click OK and download the software. This can take a few minutes.
- When the program loads, fill out the registration form to activate your MedFlash device.
- You are now ready to enter your personal health and lifestyle information.
What happens if I don't register my MedFlash device?
Will my registration information be sold to other companies?
Is there a MedFlash available for the Mac operating system?
Can my doctor update my MedFlash?
Can the information on MedFlash be accidentally overwritten?
Are the MedFlash and web portal HIPAA compliant?
How much information will the MedFlash device hold?
Can I put the results of EKGs, MRI and xrays on the MedFlash?
Can I put my family's information on the MedFlash?
Can my prescriptions be stored in MedFlash?
Can I put information on my MedFlash that I don?t want anyone to see?
How does the ambulance service or hospital emergency room get information from my MedFlash?
How do I find my Emergency ID Code?
Is the MedFlash device guaranteed?
What if I lose my MedFlash device? Can my data be loaded onto a new device?
Should I put my Social Security number on my MedFlash?
Is the cost of MedFlash reimbursable by insurance?
Is MedFlash a reimbursable expense from my Flexible Spending Account or Health Savings Account?
Is MedFlash tax-deductible?
If I have any questions, who do I call?
Whether traveling or at home, MedFlash allows you and your family to always have your Health and Lifestyle Information at their fingertips. With MedFlash Personal Health Manager's I.C.E (In Case of Emergency), you have four critical access points
- Emergency 24/7/365 Toll Free Number
- Emergency secure Internet Portal
- Emergency SmartPhone Mobile Access
- Emergency USB Drive - (optional)
A MedFlash Membership is affordable and secure.
- $24.95 - 1 year
- $39.95 - 2 Years
- $59.95 - 3 Years
- $149.95 - Lifetime
When Seconds Count, MedFlash is your first responder, protecting you against medication errors and other life threatening events.